Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Eisenbahn S.A.P.A (South American Pale Ale)


Eisenbahn S.A.P.A. is brewed by Cervejeria Sudbrack Ltda. in Blumenau Brazil. They bill themselves as "South America's Craft Brewery". This is the 2nd beer I've had from this brewery, and I think their claim is justified. The first one was a smoked beer called "Defumada", which I reviewed earlier. Their S.A.P.A. poured a medium amber color with a small white head, which promptly dissipated. My first taste was surprising, since the first thing I noticed was a Belgian yeast type of flavor, which their web-site confirms. The aroma is of malt and grass. The beer is slightly sweet and a little spicy, probably from the yeast. It has a mild hop bitterness in the finish. I enjoyed this one, probably due to the unexpected Belgian profile. So far, Eisenbahn is 2 for 2.

No comments: