Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Eisenbahn Defumada Smoked Lager


Eisenbahn Defumada Smoked Lager is from Cervejaria Sudbrack Ltda. in Blumenau Brazil. The brewery bills itself as "South America's Craft Brewery", and if this beer is any indication, the nick-name is accurate. It poured a beautiful copper color with a large beige head, that lasted longer than most. The first sip tasted of pure smoke, but after getting used to it, I was able to taste the malt too. It has some caramel sweetness mixed in with roasted malt. This is not as smoky as a German Rauchbier, but it's got plenty of smoke character. I really enjoyed this one. I also bought Eisenbahn S.A.P.A. which stands for South American Pale Ale. I hope I enjoy that one as much as I did this one. It's nice to find a Brazilian beer thats not a pale lager.

No comments: