Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Famous Narragansett Beer

I saw this at my local beer store - Knightly Spirits for those of you familiar with Orlando, FL - and I recognized it from the writings of my favorite author, Stephen King. King mentions it in a few of his books, including It and The Stand. The price was right too - a buck for a 16 oz can. So, it was a no-brainer. As you can see in the picture, it has a great big fluffy white head, and a typical golden macrobrew color. This is old-school beer - reminds me of my high school years (way back when the drinking age in NY was 18. I was only slightly illegal). This is not unlike Schlitz, Schaefer, Piels, Pabst, or any of those other inexpensive brews from the 70's. It tasted of corn, and grass, with a little bit of hops thrown in. This would be a good lawnmower beer. It went fine with my pasta. Nothing offensive, but nothing to write home about either.

No comments: